Last tutorial we asked what you would like to see us do next! This week, per your request, we are bringing you how to clean an Opus 88 Fountain Pen! So, without further ado, read on for the full tutorial!
How to Clean an Opus 88 Fountain Pen!
Cleaning an Opus 88 Fountain Pen requires only a few more steps than cleaning any other fountain pen. Since the barrel of the pen is the ink chamber, you need to be sure to clean out any ink residue. Here is a step-by-step of how to clean an Opus 88 Fountain Pen:
- Disassemble your pen. Remove the cap, and then remove the grip section. Set the grip section aside, for now, as we’re going to be cleaning the barrel first.
- Flush out the barrel. Using a bulb syringe, repeatedly fill and empty the barrel with clean water. You will want to repeat this process until the water empties out clear. Once finished, set the barrel aside to dry.
- Flush the nib and feed. Again using a bulb syringe, repeatedly force clean water through the feed until the water runs clear. This is the longest portion of the cleaning process and can often take several minutes.
- Dry your pen. Once you have flushed the nib and feed, allow them to dry before use. An ink sample vial with a paper towel at the bottom can be used to help “drain” the nib of excess water. Simply place the section nib-down into the vial with the nib resting on the paper towel. Alternatively, you can air dry the section. Please allow 12-24 hours for the barrel, nib, and feed to fully dry before inking your pen anew.
- Reassemble your pen. Now you have a nice clean pen! Make sure that clean your pens regularly to ensure a long healthy life.
Let us know what you want us to do next time! Comment below, send us a Tweet, or shoot us an e-mail with what tutorial you think we should do next! Remember, we have The Write Tools For the Analog Writer!
Rollerball Pen Refills
Buy Desktop Pen Holders
Best Dip Pens
Montegrappa Pen Company
Noodlers Ink Company
Platinum Pen Company