It’s that time of year again! The Holidays are the perfect time to send out cards, letters, and family pictures. However, it can seem overwhelming to make your cards as special as the message they carry. Follow this video and guide to learn How To Step Up Your Holiday Cards with one easy trick!
How To Step Up Your Holiday Cards
What You’ll Need:
- Small Candle
- Wax Seal
- Set of Sealing Wax
- Melting Spoon
- Holiday Card Ready To Mail
- To begin, simply light your small candle. You can find many of these type of candles at your local craft store, or even your local dollar store.
- Then, place your sealing wax (We recommend J Herbin Supple Sealing Wax) in your melting spoon. This can be any spoon able to handle the open flame, however, there are specialty melting spoons out there.
- Then, simply hold your melting spoon over the candle’s flame and allow the wax to melt. Alternatively, you can use a small hot glue gun with J Herbin Glue Gun Sealing Wax. While the wax is melting in your melting spoon, make sure to occasionally stir the wax with a toothpick. This ensures that the wax melts evenly and thoroughly, or else you will have lumps in your finished product.
- After the wax is fully melted, gently pour the wax over your sealed and ready to mail holiday card. While pouring, make sure to allow the melted wax to pool. In addition, you will want to make sure you do not let the wax cool before the next step.
- Now, firmly press your seal into the pool of wax while making sure you do not touch the wax yourself.
- Allow the wax to set, usually 30-45 seconds, and gently remove your seal. Voila! You now know how to Step Up Your Holiday Cards, and you will be the envy of all of your friends.
Making wax seals can take some practice to make sure you use the right amount of wax, etc, but it can be a lot of fun. There are a wide range of sealing wax colors as well as seal designs to choose from. You may want to use a holiday design or maybe the first letter of your name. Be creative and have fun with it. Make sure to subscribe to our blog to stay updated on everything up and coming. As always remember, We Have the Write Tools For the Analog Writer!
Buy Pen Ink & Refills
Fountain Pen Nibs
Best Dip Pens
J Herbin Fountain Pen Ink
Parker Pen Fountain Pens
Rohrer & Klingner Fountian Pen Ink