Have you ever wondered how to swap nibs on your Conklin or Monteverde Fountain Pen? If you ever have, this week’s guide is exactly what you you are looking for. Below we will detail how to change nibs on an Amber Conklin Duragraph, but the same instructions apply to most Conklin and Monteverde fountain pens.
Also, we’re excited to announce that Conklin has released Extra Fine Nib Units that will be available on pens, and as replacement nib units. In addition, we will be carrying the Conklin Omniflex nibs in the near future. Continue reading for a great guide, and your chance to win a Conklin Extra Fine Replacement Nib Unit.
10 Simple Steps to Swap Nibs
1. Remove the grip section from the pen, by unscrewing the barrel from the pen.
2. Also make sure to remove any cartridge/converter from the pen. Note: Some Conklin and Monteverde converters are threaded and will need to be unscrewed from the section.
3. Flush and clean any ink from the pen.
4. Gently place your thumb on the underside of the nib (flat on the feed, or black section).
5. Place your index finger gently on the top of the nib.
6. While holding both nib and feed gently, gently rotate the grip (not the nib) counter-clockwise (to the left). Tip: Some nibs are hard to remove. Using a Pen Chalet Nib Grip can help grab hold of the smooth section.
7. The entire housing should come out and leave you with a nib unit that looks like the replacement that you have. It is also possible to remove the nib and feed from the housing as well but we do not want to do that here.
8. With the same hold as before, insert the replacement nib unit into the grip section and gently rotate the grip clockwise (to the right).
9. Once it is tightened, replace the converter/cartridge that you previously removed.
10. Screw the grip section back into the barrel, and enjoy your new nib!
Enter to Win a Conklin Extra Fine Replacement Nib Unit
Enter below to win a brand new Conklin Extra Fine Replacement Nib Unit! Don’t forget to share this guide with your friends. Also, if you liked this guide, let us know in the comments below!
Best Fine Pens
Buy Mechanical Pencils
Story Supply Co