Portland Oregon, home of Field Notes co-founder Aaron Draplin becomes the inspiration behind the new Field Notes Portland memo book. The Portland notebook joins the Field Notes Chicago Edition in the Hometown Series.
The Field Notes Portland cover is designed with the city’s flag in green, yellow and blue printed on French Paper Co. Dur-O-Tone 80#C “Packing Brown Wrap.” The 48 interior pages of the memo book are Finch 50#T “Bright White” with a printed graph. Also included inside the notebook is a set of PDX-centric Practical Applications.
Each Field Notes Portland comes in a 3 pack and is the standard Field Notes size of 3½” × 5½”. Two of the corners are rounded to ⅜” opposite the side that is bound with the traditional 3 staples on Field Notes memo books.
Each Hometown series notebook is a limited edition item and the Portland memo book is no different. With only a limited production the Field Notes Portland memo book will not be around forever so make sure you pick up a 3 pack of these collector notebooks before it is too late.
Like all of Field Notes notebooks, the Portland is printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
Interesting Facts & Specifications about the Field Notes Portland
- The Field Notes Portland is proudly printed by Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- Field Notes Portland Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C “Packing Brown Wrap,” with the color of Portland’s flag with “Dachshund Nose” black soy-based Toyo ink. Printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40″ 6-color printing press.
- Field Notes Interior: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T “Bright White,” with a graph printed in fine, 1-color application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown soy-based Toyo ink. Printed on a Miller TP104 28″ × 40″ 2-color printing press.
- Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 “Stitchmaster” 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners of the Field Notes Portland memo book are precisely rounded to ⅜” (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
- Graph grid size: 3/16″ × 3/16″ (4.7mm x 4.7mm).
- Field Notes Portland memo book dimensions are 3½” × 5½” (89mm x 140mm).
- Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family in its materials.
- All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- UPC 858493003424
Ballpoint Pen Refills
Buy Fountain Pens
Best Fountain Pen Nibs
Rohrer & Klingner Fountian Pen Ink