Due to the response for a reporters notebook, the Field Notes Front Page is now a permanent edition of the Field Notes products. In the summer of 2016 Field Notes released a limited edition notebook, the Field Notes Byline which was a big success.
The new Field Notes Front Page is the same size and shape as the original Field Notes reporters notebook, Byline, with a few subtle cosmetic changes. First, the cover of the Front Page is the same heavy 120#DTC Neenah stock but in a lighter “Concrete” grey. The interior sheets also have the same Cougar 70# text paper but is now lined with college ruled light gray lines. The last change to the notepad is the Double-O binding on the new Front Page is black rings rather than the silver on the Byline. Other than that the notebooks are the same. While the Byline was a limited edition notebook that is now sold out, the new Field Notes Front Page will be available indefinitely.
The Field Notes Front Page comes with 3-3/4″ x 8″ pages with rounded corners making it easy to hold in one hand. The back cover has an additional pocket that also provides added stiffness for hand held while writing. The cover flips over the top of the notebook and is designed for optimal “flippability” and also protects the rings from catching when it is closed.
If you loved the Byline and have been worried what to do now they are gone, fear no longer. The new Field Notes Front Page is a great replacement option with all the same great features and best of all it is here for good! Pickup a Field Notes Front Page notebook today!
Interesting Facts and Specs about the Field Notes Front Page
- Cover: Neenah Environment 120#DTC “Concrete” with a brute force application of “Dachshund Nose” black soy-based Saphira ink.
- Interior Pages: Cougar 70#T “White” vellum ruled with “Gray Lady” soy-based Saphira ink.
- Cover and interior pages printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40” 6-color printing press.
- Bound with bombproof Renz “Double-O” Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
- Corners rounded to 3/8″ (9.5mm) by a Challenge SCM round-corner machine.
- College Ruled Lines in gray print: 9/32″ (7.1 mm).
- Field Notes Front Page notebook dimensions: 3–3/4″× 8-1/4″ (95mm x 210mm).
- All fonts are Futura typeface family.
- Like all Field Notes memo books the Front Page is printed and manufactured in the U.S.A. Proudly printed by the good people of eDoc Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- UPC for the Field Notes Front Page: 858493003431
Best Memo Books & Notebooks
Buy Pen Ink & Refills
Ink Miser Pen Supplies
Napkin Pen Company